Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Supercharger

cypher967

HSV VT 5.0 195i
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S
Hi, anyone know how much a new supercharger would cost for a VS V6?

cypher967

HSV VT 5.0 195i
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S
Hi,

How much more power will I get with that?

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
cypher967: I'm guessing you want to supercharge your VS V6. If thats right, then theres a lot of things you should consider first.

Firstly tell us a couple of things:

What is your budget?
How important is engine longevity to you?
How attached are you to your current car?
Will you be installing the gear yourself or having a mechanic fit it?

All these questions affect each other.

If you want a decent power increase and to still maintain reliability and drivability, you will need to either be conservative with the amount of boost you are adding, or strengthen the engine internals. A full engine rebuild with strengthened components can cost up to $5000 on its own, and then the cost of the supercharger hardware and installation on top of that. When looking at it this way it can be a better idea to sell your current car and buy a factory supercharged one. (this is the path I took)

If, however, you have put a lot of work into modifying your current car, it may be worth spending that much money on.

A budget alternative that will not need the engine to be rebuilt to maintain reliability is the Castelmaine Rod Shop supercharger kit, often referred to on these forums as 'CRS'. It will give you 3 to 6 psi boost equating to about %25 more power.

ICUBYE

Do I Smell Burnin Rubber?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5.0Litre '96 Series 1
i was thinking off bolting on a supercharger to my V8.
but i cant find much info on them, i dont want to spend heaps of $$$$, just a simple bolt on, and no engine mods, eventually i will rebuild the engine and go big.