Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS tint tail lights patterns?

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Hey everyone,

There is many threads on 'tinting rear lights' with nightshade from Autobarn and legal issues etc.

I believe this question is a bit different so i made a new thread.

I was wondering if I were to tint the rear lights, but use tape to cover up parts I won't spray and possibley make the original lights look like different lights? This way I can make sure that most of the lights shines through naturally, would it still be illegal (in the way it'd get defected, not if insurance will cover damage)? Any thoughts on what i could tint on the lights and make it looker different than original lights?

cheers

Matt

rowinskii

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Berlina
hey man ,

do you mean like stripes? because yeah straight tinting is illegal as i have encountered a problem with the police due to tinted tail lights.

but i think stripes or checkers or whatever you are doing is a sweet idea. take your time with tinting them and make sure you clean the surface with isoproyl or some kind of strong alcohol first!

hope this helps :)

combatantsomeone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim v6..?
I had tinted tail lights and didnt have any problems with police. Mine were tinted with film though (looked way better than crappy nightshades)

commodore1todd

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore executive
i have had my tinted light for about 10 months n they are just about black but light still shines through. i have had highway potroll behind me n pulled me up for breath test n neva said anything about the lights....
but who knows might get a policeman thats had a bad day

Chrispy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, 2015 Daytona 675R
I've know quite a few people with tinted tail lights who tinted it with Nightshade, they've never had problems with the coppers.