Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Tips and Tricks - You May Not Know About

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
Yeah, they are just for calibrating the trip computer. You can do a search and it will tell you exactly how to do it.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Theres no way to turn off the led flashing led while in digital speedo really. I changed my led to blue which looks much better in daylight, but at night its super bright so i put some black tape over it.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
See:

Unofficial Holden Commodore Archive - Technical Tips

To paraphrase:

Start the special functions: press MODE and RESET while turning the ignition on (The computer will do a self diagnostic check and display the word 'FAIL' if it finds an internal fault). Press mode to swap between the different displays.

Display 1: Speed in km/h, fuel in L/h, Button Test.

Display 2: Battery Voltage, Fuel tank sender Volts (full ~4.4V, half ~6.6V, empty ~8.5V), Button Test.

Display 3: Energise all segments of the display.

The button test shows a '0' each time a button is pressed. Each different button will illuminate a different spot.

Anyway it seems to be the same for my VS - not sure about the fuel pressure mentioned in a previous post though?

Ive done the digital speedo trick in my VS now can i do them same things to my lil digtial speed alert thing?

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
No, sorry - I wansn't all that clear in the previous post. The extra functions are for L3 instrument clusters only (i.e. with trip computer).

The speed alert trick only gives a digital speedo.

PorkoWog

Reaction score
Website
www.turt.me
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Hey guys, thanks for the tip.

I've done the digital speed showing on my speed alert and it works perfectly fine. The orange LED is a bit annoying but I haven't driven with it on at night, I'll see how I go. Maybe colouring in the LED with black permanent marker will avoid it blinking too brightly?

muggo05

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT GTS
Theres no way to turn off the led flashing led while in digital speedo really. I changed my led to blue which looks much better in daylight, but at night its super bright so i put some black tape over it.

yes there is, hold all 3 buttons down when turning the car over until the engine light flashes, then i think press 'SET'.

this also makes the digital speedo permanent until you do the reverse.

permanent speedo and no flashing orange light

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
oh ok ill try it out, as i said, i changed my led to blue and its quite nice to drive with

spirto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice II
looks like the questions asked to me, have been anwered..
cooool coool lol

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
My speed alert doesnt blink when driving. Did you press set after activating the digital speedo? Maybe you need to set the speedo alert function to a higher speed.