Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs transmission cooler lines

AidenVS95

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 3.8
I have a 95 v6 vs commodore wagon and decided that's putting a new transmission in myself was a great idea. Long story short I have completed fucked the cooler lines on the transmission side
Short of getting new lines form wrecker where can a source new lines or even have the line currently on the car repaired?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Apparently the threads for the lines into the gearbox are 1/4" NPS (NPS, not NPT). You could cobble together something that goes to the radiator using NPS to AN fittings - if your radiator has the flare type fittings you'll need to make sure you identify which ones they are, I think it's a JIC fitting which is basically an AN fitting with less precise tolerances.

May also be worth approaching transmission shops to ask if they have anything. You should also be able to take the pieces to a pipe shop and have them knock something up for you.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I was able to get a compression pipe fitting joiner from Enzed to repair a kinked line.
You won't be able to replace the complete line with the engine in the car.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Depends where it's broken you could cut the lines with a pipe cutter and use some rubber trans hose. Shouldn't need to flare the ends as its fairly low pressure on a trans.

blackcateightysix

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute l67
I recently had this problem. I was lucky enough to find one on EBay. I think there are a few still available.

But Iwas going to make one using 3/8 aluminium fuel line. It comes in rolls about 30$. You need a 3/8 tube bender. Then flare the pipe and use original threaded fittings again.

Usually pipes go on engine and gearbox together outside the car.