Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs trouble trouble, drama galor

Blackvs96

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 96
You will get bubbles from a radiator that has been running for a bit then adding cold water to it. So that does not mean it has a blown head gasket. It is a reaction from cold water going into a hot system.

Oh ok and yh the mechanic did put cold water in then wants it filled up it just bubbled, but the water just went out so quick, whn the metal clunking noise came on, the temp was normal but before that when there was water the temp was high, (weird) , i just want to get it home thats it cos vicoads said we have 24hours to get the car off the road.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
How far do U have left to travel?

It MAY run tomorrow, but the damage is done and won't last too long. Get some barrs stop leak, for the radiator at least so U can keep coolant in it to get u home buy I would be organising a trailer, I fear it'll be the only way

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Yh i planned that already, ordered a vy engine already, but can i atleast get it home? if i put the metal sealer ?

If the engine's seized, the only way you'll be moving it is with a tow truck.

Coolant in the oil via a cracked head is a possible cause too. Blocked oil pick-up due to neglect is another one.

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Statesman VR HSV 5L, Holden Torana LC
yeh i would if i didnt spend $200 on taxi fair and $50 on petrol cos the prick sold it to me with no juice, on that note tomorow im going back to try get the car started if i do, gonna go buy a couple of alternators and battery from wreckers.

just gotta figure out how to open my car cos the guy and repco took the battery out and said he would leave it over night for charge and i went and locked up the car and bonnet not knowing i bought the car and the key wont open the door manually oir the boot, even if i open the boot its hopeless cause its dual fuel, so know any way i can atleast get the bonnet open cause cant open door with coat hanger cos of the stupid lock its to smooth no grip.

any advise?

I'm Suggesting smash the REAR DOOR quarter window.... and reach for the lock. Then go to wreckers and get a replacement

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
yeh i would if i didnt spend $200 on taxi fair and $50 on petrol cos the prick sold it to me with no juice, on that note tomorow im going back to try get the car started if i do, gonna go buy a couple of alternators and battery from wreckers.

just gotta figure out how to open my car cos the guy and repco took the battery out and said he would leave it over night for charge and i went and locked up the car and bonnet not knowing i bought the car and the key wont open the door manually oir the boot, even if i open the boot its hopeless cause its dual fuel, so know any way i can atleast get the bonnet open cause cant open door with coat hanger cos of the stupid lock its to smooth no grip.

any advise?

easiest way would be to get under the car and try and put a jumper lead on the battery postive lead if you can then pop the remote.
did you have an amp/sub in the boot? can you get into the boot connect it up there so you can pop the doors and bonnet.
earth can go any where the body earths so that is an easy one to find.
if not you might have to get a big screw driver and crawl under and try and pop the bonnet by hand.

Blackvs96

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 96
da,mn should of logged onto here before i left and went to wreckers brought 2 alternators for the 2 cars went to my car 1st since all my tools are in the boot, the guy said at the wreckers to smash the rar window since its an easier fix. But must of missed heard him and ended up smashing the door window.

He sold me one a second hand one for 10 bux since there was a scratch on it, and now im having trouble fitting it had to fit it for now the dodgy way cos had to pick up my 6 month old daughter and didnt want her to catch all the cold,

dont know why but the door seems so big, 1st i pulled out the door trim, to realise the holes are too small to fit the window frpom the inside so i decided to try the outside but the window is to big to fit,

so i just jammed it in, for the mean time.