Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs tune

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I am looking to get my s2 5 speed vs tuned, after i do plugs and leads. its running a bit rough and could do with a tune up. anyone have any idea how much this costs or anywhere to get it done in the ACT? Would a dyno tune be worth it?
Cheers.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
after you do the plugs and leads, and maybe oil, air and fuel filters it should run good again.
U should only need a tune if u want more power ( IMO only )

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for that mate. i'm looking at getting a new memcal from blackstar 7000 on ebay too. cheers.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
see if greenfoam has any memcals up for sale better than a blackstar one for sure

alex2_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sedan Auto
a custom/performance tune won't fix anything if it's running 'rough' - it probalby means something is WRONG with the car rather than just needign a performance upgrade

as suggested, a good major service would be a good place to start.... describe the 'rough'-ness in more detail?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
its not heaps bad, just a bit of a rough idle. if your sitting at the traffic lights it shudders a tiny bit and just isnt smooth. it is great when you are driving. i've replaced oil and oil filter, air filter with k&n panel filter and i'll be doing plugs, leads, fuel filter and coolant within the next few weeks. so a major service should fix it up?

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
Sounds like a dirty IAC valve to me.

alex2_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sedan Auto
Along with leads, clean the throttle body, IAC valve and even check error codes.

If its just a vibration/grinding type noise, and the engine's actualyl running fine, it could be an engine mount thats sagged/otherwise stuffed, as it will transfer vibrations through the car....