Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 VS Twin Throt's TV Cable Question

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
Hey,

I recently got some twin throts, Just wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to rig up the tv cable. Any help would be appreciated :)

179620_10150404201485008_529275007_16837350_679871_n.jpg

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Someone welded a box ontop of a stock manifold?

HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY?!

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Yeh man, that's a very average looking manifold. I'd be surprised if it works any better than the original bananas (probably be worse).

On topic, looks like they forgot all about the T/V and throttle cables. You will need to make some sort of bracket to hold both cables.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
What's with every dick head wanting to run twin throttle bodies at any cost these days?

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
What's with every dick head wanting to run twin throttle bodies at any cost these days?

I got off that wagon long time ago,, just wasn worth all the effort, but if thats what people wanna do then so be it, Let them have there fun

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I'm hardly going to stop them via a forum.
Nothing stopping me asking the obvious question though.

Standard 5ltrs don't need two throttles. V6's certainly don't. Do they come with extra hekkers points or something?

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
Its not shiny glitter paint, its just the sun on it, it was polished but most of the engine it is going on is black so it was painted. I also don't applicate being called a ######## for wanting to run twin throts on a 5L.

ari666: Who says i didn't do any research? i am asking here now for ideas on the TV cable bracket.

soop: The 5l it is going on is anything but stock. It has the biggest off the shelf roller cam from crane, Ported and Shaved heads, Triple valve springs, roller rockers and the list goes on. i wouldn't put these on a stock motor.

I'm not here for your criticism on "why should i run twin throts", Im asking for ideas on a bracket for a TV cable. It looks like a similar setup to the group a throts. how do people run those on a VS?

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Right, so you're running the biggest cam availible from crane, and you think a butchered stock manifold is going to work...

*sigh*