Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs twin throttle bodies

dan202

ITZ A PIG
Reaction score
Members Ride
I HOT VR
I'll give ya credit for the effort you've put in

cheers mate doing it on the cheap lol just want to get it all going well before i get welds touched up and the grinding finished in case its not worth it. but i tell u 1200 for one from mace people would be unhappy for the hp gains for money value. mine still cost less than my k+n filter so i cant complain but if im not happy ill sell it off but well see after the tune got quoted $ 770 but well see

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
cheers mate doing it on the cheap lol just want to get it all going well before i get welds touched up and the grinding finished in case its not worth it. but i tell u 1200 for one from mace people would be unhappy for the hp gains for money value. mine still cost less than my k+n filter so i cant complain but if im not happy ill sell it off but well see after the tune got quoted $ 770 but well see

Yea i would have done it a while ago if it would work for me.. and if it wasnt 1200 bucks plus! but i was advised not to.

But in your case, its cheap so why not.. surely after a tune you will find some good in there somewhere

dan202

ITZ A PIG
Reaction score
Members Ride
I HOT VR
Yea i would have done it a while ago if it would work for me.. and if it wasnt 1200 bucks plus! but i was advised not to.

But in your case, its cheap so why not.. surely after a tune you will find some good in there somewhere

yeah it goes better i got some bluetop injectors coming but not sure about the empediance compatability dont know much about that stuff. wouldnt mine some snails but cost a bit. i might go a ls1 maf for more flow and a bigger flange on the airbox. hope i get around 200rwkw and down the track i might put the running gear into a vk

dan202

ITZ A PIG
Reaction score
Members Ride
I HOT VR
so did you notice more top end at all or just more responsive lower in the rev range?

coz in theory, it doesnt matter how much TB are there is, the cam can only allow a predefined amount of air in....

yeah it has a lot more poke off the mark and heaps off pull a 3000 and dies off a bit at after 5000 and the engine light comes on with
Code 57 - Injector Power supply voltage variation. i dont think im getting enough fuel up top i got bluetops coming and im making a plenum spacer so ill get them in soon and see how it goes

dan202

ITZ A PIG
Reaction score
Members Ride
I HOT VR
Look at fuel pressure rather then volume.

yeah maybe when i put the mani on i tapped the injectors upside down and a bit of silt come out of them so need a change or a clean anyway. and whats a cheap fuel reg that would suit this type of aplication. i dont think the ecu can handle itself 2 well. need the iac tweaked for idle it really has no idea how to run atm and its a bit of a pig when she cold. recently i done an oil change, plugs, leads, tps, oxy's and new fuel filter and pump.

dan202

ITZ A PIG
Reaction score
Members Ride
I HOT VR
I've only done big fuel systems on jap cars.

Always used sard static rate.

ill go down to the local speed shop and might get an adjustable reg. rising reg is prolly over board for me

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I'll give you a tip mate dont bother trying to weld the TB theyre only die cast and quality of alloy makes it difficult on top of that they warp quite easy then it even worse.

Best bet is to make block of plates and from what ive seen on bored out ones they fill the holes with what looks like quicksteel then bore it out