Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs twin throttle bodies

dan202

ITZ A PIG
Reaction score
Members Ride
I HOT VR
I'll give you a tip mate dont bother trying to weld the TB theyre only die cast and quality of alloy makes it difficult on top of that they warp quite easy then it even worse.

Best bet is to make block of plates and from what ive seen on bored out ones they fill the holes with what looks like quicksteel then bore it out

thanks mate im in the middle of putting 2 vn 60mm on ive cut the iac off and plugged the holes with metel mend. in theory vn ones are smaller and would make it more pokey off the mark and more driveable instead of giving it a gut full of air and a headache. i could only imagine what 2 70mm from mace would do. lol

dan202

ITZ A PIG
Reaction score
Members Ride
I HOT VR
injectors on their way, vn throttle bods nearly ready let u guys know how that goes. after a a week or so it seems to be getting better more responsive and economy is ok on average 13.9-100k not bad for around town giving it a little bit

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
iv got a turbosmart FPR800 adj pressure regulator. even with stock injectors i had to turn it down coz it was running rich. but in saying that, i have a big cam, headwork, V8 TB and a big twin ex system on a V6. def interested in your results! iv been subscribed for a while now =)

dan202

ITZ A PIG
Reaction score
Members Ride
I HOT VR
iv got a turbosmart FPR800 adj pressure regulator. even with stock injectors i had to turn it down coz it was running rich. but in saying that, i have a big cam, headwork, V8 TB and a big twin ex system on a V6. def interested in your results! iv been subscribed for a while now =)

sounds like a beast man. i put blue tops in better up top little laggy down low to rich. i ran to mafs piggy backed the loom and it ran bad and wouldnt rev over 3000 wondering if i could put a resistor in to half the voltage? the reason being i want 1 maf and 1 trottle body and put another flange on the airbox and run the same on the other tb and maf to unrestrict the air flow. 2 tb's to 1 maf doesnt work. like say 2.5 inch zorst to stock whats the point. and my mate decided to put an ecotec in his vn so we did and we running it of the series 1 buick loom and ecu and series 1 auto it runs great once he gets the kickdown cable bracket bugs out well bolt my twin throtts on and should go well. hangs a wicked black line with no brakes