Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS ute bench 2 seat to bench seat conversion.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
Exactly, I spent over a year looking for a Bench seat + manual ute, that wasnt completly shagged.

Bench seat is just awesome, you can have 2 passengers, the bench seat folds down and makes an excellent arm rest, and the handbrake is a much better spot. Oh And you can snuggle on a bench seat ;)

My god i spent ages looking for a Manual Ute that was a 2 seater as the 3 seater looked stupid and handbrake was the dumbest creation known to man.

I guess we are two very different people :whistling

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
My god i spent ages looking for a Manual Ute that was a 2 seater as the 3 seater looked stupid and handbrake was the dumbest creation known to man.

I guess we are two very different people :whistling

lol, I could have pointed you in the direction of hundreds of 2 seaters :p

All the bench seats I found were column shift auto, not cool.

It may be caus Im left handed, but I find the handbrake is a better spot and alot easier for hill starts.

alex338

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
I'm convertingmy 3 seater to 2 seats ATM. As practicle as having he extra seat is,it looks very ugly and seeing as my ute was being recarprted, I thought **** I I'll go to the wreckers and buy. A centre console. The trimmer cut themisdle seat out so now it's just the 2 seated but I've just gotta find a hand brake assembly now to put I. In the right spot

steelscore555

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vs III v6
i have a 3 seater vs i f**king hate it i onlt got it cause it was manual i want to convert it to a 2 seater just wondering if cander24 could get me a price on a center console for a manual... and do u need to get brakets made up for the consle to hold into place as there wont be any there now

sirjolly18

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 holden VZ v6 ute.
3 seater vs ute

Yea have the same problem, 3 seats was a bad idea. the fact that you could not carry any drinks or even put your phone and wallet in the little tray which still manages to drop everything on the floor.

So trying to get some bucket seats and building my own center console housing a small sub and amp. cup holders etc. will try and tuck it up under the radio and other switches so wiring and bits can be easily accesed, work in progress.
And people who can't figure out the hand brake on the right side. just think for a min why it is the way it is. also removed the crappy rubber handle replacing with handle from repco, fits perfect after cutting a small square out the end. will post pics

Bellicose

Reaction score
Members Ride
TOW PIG
I bought a 3 seater manual (floor shift) VR ute, ripped out the seats, put pair of Calais seats in and seacrhed for the console and all the other bits needed. Couldn't find any bits for a decent price so..............................

I bought this LOL
Bloody good runner.
ALL the bits i need plus i get to part out the rest of the car.

Attachments

• SANY1472.JPG
    SANY1472.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 1,124

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
bench seat utes are awesome, although i dunno how it would go with a person in the middle, it is a manual on the floor afterall =P
i reckon it looks better as im not really a fan of the centre console section in a vs. it just has that look about it.

as for not being able to put drinks inside, my ute must have had a 2 drink holder put in on the centre plastic area, and it works great.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Fold the middle bit down in the centre, rest phone and wallet ever so slightly jammed under it on the seat, will hold.
Drinks, rest them leaning on the rear cab wall and leaning on either passenger or drivers seat. Do this every day and never have a problem or spilt drink, even with spirited driving.

Bench seat/floor shift is the greatest thing ever, if the new utes had a bench seat I would be more inclined to move on from my VS lol.

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Yeah I bought my VS ute about 3 weeks ago and I have no problems with it! Was obviously a 3 seater originally as it has the handbrake on the right and a column shift, although I bought it as a two seater. Works fine for me, I have no issues with the handbrake being on the right, it's neat and tucked away, plus I'm used to it as they're the same items used on the older HQ-WB holdens. I was originally planning to convert mine to a floorshift with a centre console, but don't think I'll bother, too much buggerising around and I enjoy the extra room anyway. As for cupholders, the glove box compartment has slots in them designed for the purpose, have never tried it myself but I assume it would work fine.

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
it's not hard i done my vs sedan.now 6 seater..only thing u need to do is cut the bottom half of ur handbrake housing to accomadate the front cable which goes to ur new handbrake assembly relocated near drivers door.if u not far from newcastle and wanna have a look before u start give us a yell..cheers

p.s if i doubt ring closest rta approved engineer...as they the ones that gunna have to pass it when u finished..

Do you have any pics? I was thinking about doing this in my vn just to be different and I was wondering how it would look