Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS ute bench 2 seat to bench seat conversion.

dazzavs00

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS commodore ute
hey
Im looking at installing a bench seat in my ute but it seems that the hand brake would be in the way of the middle seat...
-does any one no where the hand brake can be relocated?
-and how is the bench seat mounted in?
Pictures of current bench seats much appreciated
ps, any idea where to pick up these bench seats? i live on the central coast NSW

Cheers Daz

32pseye

32pseye
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr aclaim
handbrake is moved to down beside drivers seat, also drivers door pocket and speaker pod would have to be removed

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
I'm amazed anyone would want to put a bench seat in their ute, i searched heaven and earth to find a 2 seater because i couldn't stand a 3 seater. The handbrake is ridiculous :bang:

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
hey
Im looking at installing a bench seat in my ute but it seems that the hand brake would be in the way of the middle seat...
-does any one no where the hand brake can be relocated?
-and how is the bench seat mounted in?
Pictures of current bench seats much appreciated
ps, any idea where to pick up these bench seats? i live on the central coast NSW

Cheers Daz

Im in the process of doing the opposite at the moment, converting a mates bench seat to bucket seats. On the bench seat models the handbrake is relocated alongside the drivers seat and the cabling underneath is re-routed to suit. There is a metal box type bracket that it fixes to so I would recommend checking that you have this before you go making too many arrangements for the conversion. I could organise a pic of it if needed. For the bench seat setup the drivers seat remains the same, just the passenger seat is different as it has the dickie seat attached to its side which sits on the tailshaft tunnel where your centre console currently is located. They bolt down to the floor just the same as the current setup. All of the radio surround and shifter panel is different and for the drivers door the speaker pod is retained, just minus the extended map pocket. Is yours currently auto, manual or a column shift. Im located on the NSW South Coast and should be able to organise most of the parts required for the conversion if your interested.

Last edited:

dazzavs00

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS commodore ute
Im in the process of doing the opposite at the moment, converting a mates bench seat to bucket seats. On the bench seat models the handbrake is relocated alongside the drivers seat and the cabling underneath is re-routed to suit. There is a metal box type bracket that it fixes to so I would recommend checking that you have this before you go making too many arrangements for the conversion. I could organise a pic of it if needed. For the bench seat setup the drivers seat remains the same, just the passenger seat is different as it has the dickie seat attached to its side which sits on the tailshaft tunnel where your centre console currently is located. They bolt down to the floor just the same as the current setup. All of the radio surround and shifter panel is different and for the drivers door the speaker pod is retained, just minus the extended map pocket. Is yours currently auto, manual or a column shift. Im located on the NSW South Coast and should be able to organise most of the parts required for the conversion if your interested.

Mate that would be awesome, if you can get the parts could you let me know which ones you can get and give me the quotes, cheers

ozbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series 2
it's not hard i done my vs sedan.now 6 seater..only thing u need to do is cut the bottom half of ur handbrake housing to accomadate the front cable which goes to ur new handbrake assembly relocated near drivers door.if u not far from newcastle and wanna have a look before u start give us a yell..cheers

p.s if i doubt ring closest rta approved engineer...as they the ones that gunna have to pass it when u finished..

VL-EXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
i own a 3 seater ute, id be confused why you would change a 3 seater into a 2 seater, just buy a 2 seater? its alot harder to find a 3 seater then a 2 seater...

but besides the point id say you would have to get it all aproved via an engineer as above...

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
This is the mounting bracket/box I was referring to in the PM that the handbrake assembly fixes to.

Attachments

• DSCF2008.jpg
    DSCF2008.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 4,348

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
i own a 3 seater ute, id be confused why you would change a 3 seater into a 2 seater, just buy a 2 seater? its alot harder to find a 3 seater then a 2 seater...

but besides the point id say you would have to get it all aproved via an engineer as above...

Exactly, I spent over a year looking for a Bench seat + manual ute, that wasnt completly shagged.

Bench seat is just awesome, you can have 2 passengers, the bench seat folds down and makes an excellent arm rest, and the handbrake is a much better spot. Oh And you can snuggle on a bench seat ;)