Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs ute bumpstops

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Been looking everywhere for Vs ute bumpstops as mine currently has 0 in it at all , and im so over the whole metal on metal noise over bumps etc

Ive been to auto barn , repco , supercheap and non know where to order any from ? (they all looked in there little part books and comps )

Does anyone know where to get them or who makes them ?

I was thinking if all else fails ill go get some from holden

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
A mate was telling me that if you have a lowered ute you can modify wagon bump stops to fit because they're shorter and bolt up slightly differently, this would give you some travel. He hasn't done yet so couldn't be 100% sure if it's true or not.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
A mate was telling me that if you have a lowered ute you can modify wagon bump stops to fit because they're shorter and bolt up slightly differently, this would give you some travel. He hasn't done yet so couldn't be 100% sure if it's true or not.
I heard this the other day too. Wagon bumpstops are a slightly different shape therefore sit lower on the chassis. Apparently you can cut off the ute stop holders and modify and weld wagon ones lower to suit. I have no idea how to go about it but in theory it sounds alright.
But Trayner, I took my stops out and it was horrible metal on metal and it can't be good for the chassis. I've heard pedders have them. My ute has uneven ones in it, ones a stock one an ones a red one, I'm assuming the red one is from pedders where the car was lowered. Maybe check there mate?

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Wrecker for the cheapest option, just look for some in decent nick on a car that isn't lowered. Failing that suspension shops like pedders

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Yeh went down to pedders today guys
Was around $30 each for the rubbers .
And took about 10 mins to put into the ute , might cut the rubbers slightly thou as they are touching the axles 24/7 from it being lowered

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
I thought they'd have them there. Are they red?
Yeah man, don't want your ute sitting on the stops, cracks chassis'.
Mine are cut down with the old hacksaw to sit level with some clearence, dobesz helped me do it when I put my pedders springs back in after I'd had enough of driving around with choppies haha.

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I thought they'd have them there. Are they red?
Yeah man, don't want your ute sitting on the stops, cracks chassis'.
Mine are cut down with the old hacksaw to sit level with some clearence, dobesz helped me do it when I put my pedders springs back in after I'd had enough of driving around with choppies haha.

Nah they are black lol, yeh I might whip out the hack saw and take like one of the round lumps off lol .

I heard that if you raise your car to legal height you wont have a problem..

Yeh it is at legal height pretty much man , lowest point is the exhaust at like 98mm because of the hangers sagging
Vs utes are really gay when you have to lower them , can hardly get any lowness with out hitting the axles lol