Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ute central locking ?

ozyrob

Reaction score
ok i have a 95 vs ute (series 1 )

i know it doesnt have central locking , ive searched through the forum and cant find a positive answer so i was hopeing someone will read this and tell me a definate answer .

what i want to know is will all the connections be there for me to just get some actuators from a vs and install them and hook them up ? i have a key with only one button ( doors ) that just turns the interior light on , i know with my vs sedan the wireing loom includes all the conections even though the car doesnt have the extra's installed so id imagine the ute would have the extra stuff like power mirrors and central looking , but even if the loom includes the connections would it work ?
Im not sure if the computer would need to be setup for it ?

if someone has done this and knows for sure what has to be done that would be great , if not ill just go get a aftermarket kit , would rather do it the factory way so i can use the button on my key though .

thanx

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
my cous's vs ute has central locking? i would have thought that would be standard

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i have recently done this conversion on my ute and yes all the connections are available you just need the appropriate door looms it set me back about $400 odd off ebay for the compleate conversion inc power mirrors and new keys

for the conversion you need

a BCM (150 low) or higher that is capable of running central locking
(blank keys to be programmed by holden if you dont get any with the bcm)

2 door wiring looms lh & rh which will go into the doors and plug into the existing car loom that goes to the bcm

2 central locking actuators

(and 2 power mirrors & a door handle with a switch if you want to do that while your at it)

if you get a hold of wiring looms and a BCM that support power windows you can also add that to the conversion myself i have the looms but i couldent be bothered doing the power windows

ozyrob

Reaction score
sounds a lot cheaper is i just go get a jcar kit

thanx guys

shifty6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 5spd
does anyone know if the stock BCM in a non-central locking car would work?
are all BCM's the same?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The VS gregorys workshop manual says: Three types of low series and two types of high series BCM's are used on this range of vehicles,depending on the vehicle model and equipment level.Utility,Executive,Acclaim,S and CSI models are equipped with a low series BCM.Berlina,Calais,and Statesman,VXI and Newport are equipped with a high series BCM.Both types of BCM control and assist a variety of vehicle electrical systems.These systems are as follows=Low series - central locking(except series 1 utility),washer timer,theft deterrent system,courtesy lamp delay,automatic lamps off and if applicable, cruise control and power windows.
High series - The same as low series BCM with the following extra functions:variable windscreen wiper delay,power aerial,speed sensitive power steering(Calais,Newport and Statesman),instrument lamp dimmer,automatic lamps off with delay,rear lamp failure warning,rear demister,engine cooling fan low speed relay and theft deterrent system.
Notice what it says about the low BCM does central locking except for series 1 utility.Hope this helps .Cheers.

ChappyVS95

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 Holden Commodore VS Ute
Ive got a Vs ute aswell and im still unsure if it has central locking, has an alarm on a seperate thing then the key has a button on it, but neither of the buttons would do anything on both sets of keys