Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs ute drift suspension need answers

BoB G

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lg2 vs ute
Hey everyone I own a v6 5speed 95 vs ute and was trying to get into drifting and I was just wondering if anyone had any information on suspension set ups, it’s got enough power I was just more looking for the handling mods

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Showtime Customs & Fabrications on FB if you're serious.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
What are you using for your diff centre?

Don't worry about lock mods until you're actually limited by the stock geometry. The two biggest issues you're gonna face with a VS is actually finding decent suspension and the crappy hand brake. There are a few companies that make coilovers but I can't say any of the seem all that great (they all seem to do a one size fits all approach, no choice of spring rates etc...), plus the strut top mount that the VR/VS uses is kind of awkward so it's more difficult to swap another off the shelf coilover in. That and the power steering may have a tendency to overheat (just keep an eye on it and worry about it if it's a problem).

XYZ coilover kits might be a good starting point (I've never used them). Also choosing wheels with a decent width/offset with slightly more track at the front will help.

Last edited:

BoB G

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lg2 vs ute
I just have the standard lsd in it but it’s throwing singles some times and IDK if I should just rebuild it or if there is a better diff centre or not wouldn’t mind some help with that too also looking for a dual calliper setup to run a hydro e-brake

What are you using for your diff centre?

Don't worry about lock mods until you're actually limited by the stock geometry. The two biggest issues you're gonna face with a VS is actually finding decent suspension and the crappy hand brake. There are a few companies that make coilovers but I can't say any of the seem all that great (they all seem to do a one size fits all approach, no choice of spring rates etc...), plus the strut top mount that the VR/VS uses is kind of awkward so it's more difficult to swap another off the shelf coilover in. That and the power steering may have a tendency to overheat (just keep an eye on it and worry about it if it's a problem).

XYZ coilover kits might be a good starting point (I've never used them). Also choosing wheels with a decent width/offset with slightly more track at the front will help.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Spool it if you want to drift.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
thought ppl where using something like a VL manual rack?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
If you want to continue driving on roads one of the torque lock lsd's is the go. Plumb hand brake into the feed to the rear brake lines like Decicrate has done.

BoB G

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lg2 vs ute
If you want to continue driving on roads one of the torque lock lsd's is the go. Plumb hand brake into the feed to the rear brake lines like Decicrate has done.
Is this what you where talking about except my utes not a series lll

Attachments

• 73146296-BD83-4394-8AF9-E552A59F7539.png
    73146296-BD83-4394-8AF9-E552A59F7539.png
    551.4 KB · Views: 240
  • 16AA318D-84C2-41B4-8B8C-BAABEF13B80C.png
    16AA318D-84C2-41B4-8B8C-BAABEF13B80C.png
    571.6 KB · Views: 229

BoB G

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lg2 vs ute