Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs ute engine problems

SP00KSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE, HT MONARO REBUILD
Hey guys not to long ago i put up a thread about my engine chucking a spaz, http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs-holden-commodore-1993-1997/162488-motor-chucking-spaz.html

But now i have a new problem that only started today, the revs were sticking at about 1700 and wouldnt drop unless i lowered a gear and let the gears slow the car down but as soon as i put in the clutch the revs jump back up and sit there, any ideas on whats going wrong, checked the error codes and nothing came up so i havent a clue on whats wrong.

shifty6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 5spd
throttle position sensor?

Blakvsexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0L VS EXECUTIVE
idle air control valve stuck open maybe.
Take off the engine cover and the intake and start the car, give it a couple a revs and when it stays revving check to see if the throttle butterfly is closed all the way, try and open and close the throttle butterfly while running an make sure it returns back to the closed position, if it does not rectify the problem.

Hope this helps, sorry if i confused u, i had a few rums tonight so far and not typing very goodly.

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
I had a similar problem with my ute and it was the Idle Air control valve. Take it off and clean it with carby cleaner, or try tapping it lightly to unstick the pintle.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
As above IAC would be very suspect. Also check theres not somthing lodging the throttle butterfly open like shizz or somthing.

nathanvs98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vs ute
hi im new to this.
i have a 1998 vs ute and it surges under load was wondering if anyone had any suggesttions of what it could be or if you have had the same problem and how you fixed it. thanks