Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Ute front lip and side skirts

tropz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Hey guys after looking for ages, i finally have picked up a front lip and side skirts for my ute. My next hurdle, how do i go about fitting them, i'm pretty sure i have to take the front clip off so i can screw in the 11 screws on the lip to the bumper. My side skirts are off a statesman, so i have to cut the lip which sits in the rear door sill on the stato, so it sits flush with the body of my ute. Any idea's on how to cut it, grinder, or really sharp stanley? (they have already been painted) And last probably a stupid question, but when i test fitted the skirts, the tab from the rear half of the skirt doesn't tuck behind the front half. Is is supposed to sit like that? i've tried looking on google but can't really get a good enough view to see if that's how they sit stock. Sorry for the long rant, any information at all on this matter would be greatly appreciated! cheers in advance

Gus The Snail

Born to be dizlegzic
Reaction score
ipswich - on the right side of the tracks
Members Ride
VS ute S2 1996
Sikaflex to adhere the side skirts on. Make sure you clean the panels and rear of spoilers with prepsol so the sika holds on properly.

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
My ss lip is held on by screws on each side. I didnt bother with the 11 threw the middle. It kinda tucks into the groove of the front bar wich holds it on tight.

With the side skirts throw some pics up once done. Im looking at some for my vs ute but not sure if they will suit

tropz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
My ss lip is held on by screws on each side. I didnt bother with the 11 threw the middle. It kinda tucks into the groove of the front bar wich holds it on tight.

With the side skirts throw some pics up once done. Im looking at some for my vs ute but not sure if they will suit

I test fitted my ss lip and it didn't reach to either side of the clip without stretching heaps. So I figured if I started from the middle screw and screwed outwards the screws would hold it in place and stretch it enough to fit, before you ask, yes it is genuine

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Are the bar and skirt genuine?

PJDM1980

tropz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
I'm talking when test fitting its missing the bumper lip by about 10-15mm, I can stretch it across but then the tabs don't sit flush at either end. Hopefully screwing it through the middle gives me that little extra length

tropz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Both genuine gm

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Same with mine. Just the two screws each side in the wheel arch area of the front bumper and some dobs of sikaflex where the lip contacts the front of the bar. Has been in place for 2 years now and all is good. It was a pretty tight fit anyway without the sika but I added some for insurance.

tropz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Going to tackle to ss lip tonight, will post pics when done