Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Ute Hardtop Installation - How?

ThatWhiteVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden 1999 VS V6 Ute
Hey Guys,

I just bought a hardtop for my VS Ute and I was just wondering how to mount it. It’s from FlatTop I think. With small brackets that look like they need to go through the rear parcel shelf piece that the tonneau cover would clip into in the front.

Thanks in advance.

Lando50

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs series 2 5speed 5litre ute
It's not a hard job if you haven't done it yet I can show you how I did mine. Let me know.

ThatWhiteVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden 1999 VS V6 Ute
It's not a hard job if you haven't done it yet I can show you how I did mine. Let me know.
Thanks mate. That would be good

Lando50

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs series 2 5speed 5litre ute
First off I removed all the riverts that hold the soft cover from behind the rear window.
Then I placed the hard lid on the tub to line up the hinges to get the correct pivot point, was a bit of stuffing around but once I was happy I teck screwed the hinges in place.
And what I thought was going to be the hardest, fitting the gas struts I just removed two of the hex bolts from either side of the tub and the ball joints screwed right in just in front of where the spreader bar is for the soft cover.
Lastly I closed the lid and jumped in the tub to install the L bracket so it can be locked.
Really quite easy, hope this helped if not let me know.

ThatWhiteVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden 1999 VS V6 Ute
First off I removed all the riverts that hold the soft cover from behind the rear window.
Then I placed the hard lid on the tub to line up the hinges to get the correct pivot point, was a bit of stuffing around but once I was happy I teck screwed the hinges in place.
And what I thought was going to be the hardest, fitting the gas struts I just removed two of the hex bolts from either side of the tub and the ball joints screwed right in just in front of where the spreader bar is for the soft cover.
Lastly I closed the lid and jumped in the tub to install the L bracket so it can be locked.
Really quite easy, hope this helped if not let me know.
Hi mate, could you please send me some pics of how you mounted it. Mine seems to mount a little differently to mine. The pic shows the brand hardtop I have.

Attachments

• 77C6BAC2-2A95-476A-B6A1-27A78E17C701.jpeg
    77C6BAC2-2A95-476A-B6A1-27A78E17C701.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 483

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Q0aVLCs.jpg
Q0aVLCs
Q0aVLCs.jpg
[/IMG]