Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs ute idle issue need advice on where else to look

Jacob195

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 utility
okay so starting from the start i have replaced what feels like everything. New spark plugs, leads, coils, IAC sensor and engine mounts..
at idle the vehicles rpm will fluctuate from a low idle back to a standard "healthy" idle. Most recently upon initially starting it the motor won't idle. Even after Restarting the motor it would not hold its own idle unless keeping it running by revving the motor and slowly letting the idle come back down. I have been told it could be the computer but I am not to sure what else to do. I will ad that the egr has been blocked off by my mechanic.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Throttle position sensor possibly? Maybe the engine coolant sensor is not telling the ECU that engine is cold and engine is running on a lean mixture.
Is it OK when hot?

Good Luck

Jacob195

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 utility
Yeah going to do the tps sensor tomorrow. Is there a particular way to fit it?
And no it stalls when cold or hot. It previous to this issue did have a bad idle problem. It now stalls upon start up but comes good once driven? Only ever upon startup when cold or hot? Not sure at all what this could be.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6