Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs ute LSD

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Ok so an open diff is not an IRS version ?, sorry for any misunderstanding.
He meant a single pegger diff compared to lsd when he was saying "open"
Easy mistake, your probably thinking its the name for the early "Live" diff over the "IRS" diff

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Sorry but my interpretation of open diff was created because the diff itself is not inside a full housing. The axles are exposed in an IRS and the diff sits on it's own independently from all other rear axles components.

Anyway just my own silly thoughts on it, but sometimes we can all be wrong and that's all about learning the kids language that's continually changing.

Lets just take the word Miffed as an example, I always thought it meant "confused, puzzled" etc. but I'm told it now means pissed off, so there you go.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Sorry but my interpretation of open diff was created because the diff itself is not inside a full housing. The axles are exposed in an IRS and the diff sits on it's own independently from all other rear axles components.

Anyway just my own silly thoughts on it, but sometimes we can all be wrong and that's all about learning the kids language that's continually changing.

Lets just take the word Miffed as an example, I always thought it meant "confused, puzzled" etc. but I'm told it now means pissed off, so there you go.
Quite understandable to be mixed up, either way you’ll be “miffed”

Confused, puzzled, pissed off also indicates old timers disease, now can mean the china corona covid virus according to young adults language especially in vic.