Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs ute mini tubs

Kc686

Kane686
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vg commodore ute
Hey guys, about to tub my ute to the chassis rail an just wondering what everyone has done with the bar mount ? It's kinda in the way lol
Cheers

JTR007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB, VN, VS, VX & VF
Bar mount? For tarp cover?
And why are you tubbing it

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Panhard bracket usually shortened & moved inwards for tyre clearance.

Utes are good as as can make them still look factory.

Slice through centre add a filler piece once cut inner tub & move it to rail.

v8 humpy

Reaction score
Members Ride
91commodore vnss
Hi guys & girls I’m tubing my vg commodore Ute & looking for a supplier for the tubs. I’m after rounded edges not square any recommendations.
cheers

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Hi guys & girls I’m tubing my vg commodore Ute & looking for a supplier for the tubs. I’m after rounded edges not square any recommendations.
cheers

What are you trying to fit under there? If you want to keep it registered/engineer it they will cause issues.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
cheers
You want them like this ?
https://www.mcdonaldbrosracing.com.au/wheel-tubs
images.jpeg

v8 humpy

Reaction score
Members Ride
91commodore vnss
What are you trying to fit under there? If you want to keep it registered/engineer it they will cause issues.
It’s a ground up build with a few mods being done I’ll need to engineer it anyway as putting a 6•2lt 6 speed in it
Should get a 275or285 Tyre under it

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
It’s a ground up build with a few mods being done I’ll need to engineer it anyway as putting a 6•2lt 6 speed in it
Should get a 275or285 Tyre under it

If you pick the right wheel width and offset, roll (no need to pump or flare) the guards and massage the inner guards, you should be able to get (or get close) that underneath without tubs. Get your ruler out and use this - willtheyfit.com

My friend got 10.5" wide wheels with 285s underneath his VS grange without too much effort, given the similar chassis I'd say they probably have a similar amount of clearance - https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...te-modern-fitment-thread.273508/#post-2991022

I would advise against tubs even if you do go through engineering as it will still make it significantly more difficult. If you feel you must go down that route speak to your engineer first otherwise you may find out you've done something you can't go back from.

Last edited: