Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs ute petrol smell in cabin

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
That hose connects to the filler neck, probably a good idea to replace all lines as they perish over time they might not look too bad but they can be brittle as and have micro tears and holes etc, supercheap and repco have reels of the stuff and sell it by the meter! Make sure u mark which line is fuel feed and fuel return! Also Like somebody else said good idea to check charcoal canister also but I dare say that perished tube was venting gasses straight through the cabin ports into your nostrils!

bushdrift

Reaction score
Members Ride
60th anniversary my09 ve
That hose goes from the top of tank rhs around the front of the tank then out thru the lower floor pan with the flow in/out lines

adsvs1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
Haha, i'll sus it out today. quite annoying smell.

this maybe of some help..

fueltank1349830970.jpg
Hey JTR007
Did replacing the hose in the fuel tank area fix the fuel smell issue in the cabin?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have a fuel smell real bad. It was barely noticeable last week but the fuel here in SA is way smellier and i am getting fumed out. Does anyone know where in SA i can buy replacement hoses? Also I need to know what size and how much?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just a quick add. The petrol smell is so strong i can smell it 2m away from the ute. Is this just bad SA fuel? I have never smelled petrol like what i put in earlier this week. Its not dripping fuel on the ground or anything.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Looks like Clark Rubber might have what i need. I just need to know the sizes and lengths of the hoses as i am heading to town tomorrow but won't be able to get it apart before I go to check sizes. If anyone has an idea that would be great. I really only want to buy what i need as it is expensive stuff.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You have a ute 5.0. Any idea on what I need to buy? Is the filler breather the issue or is it the ones that somehow join on to hard lines that run to the charcoal canister?