Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs ute rear bumpstop metal bit?

B-rad

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs series 3 v6 ute
Hi
My ute has only a little bit of rubber on the bumpstob and when i hit a big bump it hits the metal bump bit connected to the chassis in the middle of the rubber stop! Am i able to cut this of??

calais89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0ltr Calais
Go for your life. If u end up with a cannery or need a road worthy that will be on it unless u cover it up with the rubber boot.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
My ute is lowered on ultralows with modified bumpstops. The axle only used to slam the chassis on big potholes. But other than that, bumpstop contact was never a problem. I added polyair air bag suspension in the rear for ride quality and load leveling and I absolutely love it.

So in my opinion, either deal with it. Purchase new bumpstop rubbers or normal height/raised height spring insulators. Purchase a polyair airbag setup.

Your ride quality will go to poo if you want to hack and slash the bumpstop rubber mount.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
if you can see the metal centre of the stop then all your rubber has broken away and fallen off. Its rooted bra. Holden does not sell - pedders do - even shortened ones if you want. Hope this information is not garbage - cause that shits the bros bra. btw, bumps are not designed to be used as part of your spring rate in normal use. on a holden, they are telling you that you are out of design travel. bro bra.