Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Ute Right Rear Wheel Squeak

dashdown98

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S Commodore SII
Hi guys, I had the rear brake pads changed in the VS V6 ute and around 3 weeks later the right rear started to squeak (hard to explain, more like a squeak and tap and rattle all in one) no matter what the speed. It goes away when braking and turning right. It's starting to do my head in and I need it fixed asap! Cheers

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
calliper dragging, loose pads, check it out, was it done by mech, if so take it back

Roota355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR UTE 5.0
I second the bent axle theory. Also had a seized caliper slide on the same side. I eventually got sick of the nose and replaced the axle.
No noises since

dashdown98

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S Commodore SII
Cheers guys, I replaced the disc, and both the brake and handbrake assemblies were cooked and seized so replaced those too. Jacked the car up and put it in first and the wheel doesn't seem to spin straight so I'd say the only thing left is the axle. Anyone know the rough price going on one of those?

Roota355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR UTE 5.0
I think i paid $50 from a wrecker by memory. I would replace the wheel bearing while it is apart too as its likely to fail not long after you fit it