Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ute seems to run ****

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
hey ive recently bought a 98 vs s pack ute and it is really lacking power im camparing this to my 95 vs sedan i used to have both v6s the ute doesnt seem to get up off the line that quick ts got no load in it and the wheels dont even chirp it just seems slugish all over i had the ute in my drive ay yesterday tried to get it to sit on the spot it reved to 2k rpm and sat there no wheel spin at all i have just changed the leads and nothing has changed its dual fuel runs on petrol and gas either fuel still does the same thing any help is much apreciated cheers guys

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Auto or man dont for get if its an spac its got lsd and that going to make it harder to spin the wheels with only a v6.
[p]wrr-247;1740424 said:
hey ive recently bought a 98 vs s pack ute and it is really lacking power im camparing this to my 95 vs sedan i used to have both v6s the ute doesnt seem to get up off the line that quick ts got no load in it and the wheels dont even chirp it just seems slugish all over i had the ute in my drive ay yesterday tried to get it to sit on the spot it reved to 2k rpm and sat there no wheel spin at all i have just changed the leads and nothing has changed its dual fuel runs on petrol and gas either fuel still does the same thing any help is much apreciated cheers guys

best of luck what ever it is,,,,,airfilter? Is it a new 1 ? Cold air intake?. Anyways before the days out youlll have some guys help you out im sure. Best of luck

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
Try ur fuelnfilter does it have abs if so I'll have to creep it to spin it, I gotta creep mine for it to spin to,

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
its auto and its only got a cai its just kinda shiting me because the sedan did it no troubles at all barely had to try and i dont think its got abs but will go check since ive had it only premium goes in and ill change the fuel filter and change air filter maybe tomorrow

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
Are u trying in first gear or drive?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
[p]wrr-247;1741282 said:
and no abs

yeah abs was an option in the spac

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
yep its auto i was goin to check the codes yesterday didnt get around to it but ill go do it nw