Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS ute series II... the work bus

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
im thinking doner car once the misses saves enough to get herself a new car. Its abit rough to be honest. But runs well, doesnt blow smoke and the auto shifted well with no diff slap.
Expectations weren t high going in but i was really surprised with how it went. The engine felt alot stronger then the donk in the ute which is the main reason i went to see it.

Last edited:

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Interior is abit shabby

Hi mate
nice pick up,nobody want's these 90's cars anymore so there are some nice bargains out there ....I have a seat of exec seats here in real good condition if the interior is real bad..missus wants em gone,they are in her girl cave ;)

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
Thats good cos i have a massive soft spot for the VS. No spoiler and nice square boot. love it
what are ya after for them? that would be awesome cos it felt weird jumping out the ute which is super tidy inside to this one.

Last edited:

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Thats good cos i have a massive soft spot for the VS. No spoiler and nice square boot. love it
what are ya after for them? that would be awesome cos it felt weird jumping out the ute which is super tidy inside to this one.

shoot me an offer :) prob best to come and have a look Im at 5113 postcode....

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
20160919_152905_zpsak28vgmw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This got delivered today. i only saw and test drove it at dusk. Interior isn t as bad as i thought. Ill try giving her a shampoo before i think about cruising up main north to see ya wozza.
Lots of red bushes underneath this car.
Took a quick trip to sprints for thermostat and some cheap oil and spark plugs.
Took housing off... heaps of crap in there. Got one out the shed that was better. Flushed the radiator. Put everything back together and managed to pinch gasket.
Packed up and went inside haha.
Tommorow ill get it happening.
A cut and polish will do wonders for this car i reckon
Has a sony deck and four speakers all working.
The misses is on fence about it. Likes the ute better.

Last edited:

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
So flushed radiator and put new thermostat in. No leaks sweet. Take her for a quick cruise. No dramas.
Get back home leave it running to check thermofans are operational. No Dice. Gets up to halfway on gauge. Turn off. Unplug Sensor start her up and away they go.
Cant expect no hassles on a thousand dollar car haha

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yea, gotta expect a few problems/ dramas. Still seams like a bargain. Can't believe how good it looks. Up here 12 months rego will cost around $800 so 1000 for a car with some good bits on it ,yea good for the buyer

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
The front is abit worse but its definitly not to bad. just wanna cheaply iron out these little issues now rather then do it on side of road.
The misses wants to go see her cousins on the farm friday night. About 200km round trip.
Not sure if ill have it ready by then.
The utes been parked at work all week and been driving the work van.
More ebay bits rocked up for the ute yesterday. Expecting a couple more bits to arrive this week sometime

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
last post about my parts car for a while. Service done. Got about 7 litres of coolant into her. New oil, sparks, leads and a new coolant temp sensor. Fans still not turning on. Cant be arsed trying to get them working.
If it gets hot ill just pull over and dis-connect the sensor. then they will be on. Read a few threads on here and some people have spent ages trying heaps of different things to get them going.
Took her for a good thrashing round near my joint. Does shift nicely for a auto.
I kept on looking at the strut brace thinking how good that will be on the ute

Last edited:

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Hi Mate
the temp gauge in the cluster are at best a rough guide only...the fans are triggered by the ecu temp sensor which is separate from the cluster gauge(on the VR/VS)...you need an diag cable and laptop, then you can see what ecu sender is reading...On my VR the gauge temp gets to just under red before fans kick in..on the missus vx the gauge is just over 1/2...both cars switch on the fans around the same temp according to the ecu temp sensor