Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS ute series II... the work bus

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
Soon to be starting up as a contractor and have made my first step towards that by finally getting hold of a ute that id had my eye on for ages.
After three years of nagging a family friend i managed to wrangle his pride and joy away him haha.
Nothing too special about it but has been looked after better then 99% of cars getting round. Credit to the bloke.
Recent replacement he has done last two years
Monroe shocks springs
Tailshaft center bearing
Extractors
High flow cat
Sports exaust
Door seals
Cooling system overhaul
All heater taps done
Serviced every 5000 on the dot in his amazing shed (trust me you would be really jealous of his set up)

Manual ute... ecotec with a sc-14 hanging off the side. Now for all the people that say they are too small, dont do bugger all etc... when you turn it on the difference is very obvious. Having owned vt and vs sixes before this would smash a stock one. Not that it gets a hiding. Nearly thirty over my hoon stage.

Will get a lockable canopy for it and tradie it up so to speak.
The motor has done alot of kms but all my mechanic mates (all three of them did apprentiships with holden) cant fault it bar a noisey top tension pulley.
If i need to swap in another motor not too fussed... eco tecs are cheap as and the install will only cost me a couple cartons for labour... thanks lads

Finding it hard to put pictures up from my phone but ill try to suss it out.

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Sounds good mate get some pics up, download the photobucket app, add pics to it then upload them onto thread using photobucket link

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
Hey all i know no ones reading but ill tell ya whats been happening. Utes all paid off and took it to my mechanic mates place last night for a major service.
Replaced many bushings front and back. Old rubber ones were fine but have nice red ureathanes underneath.
We gave the motor and suspension a hell of a going over and have identified a couple things that will need doing next fortnight. Tie rod ends are on the way out and have a pulley tensioner that is wobbling quite a bit.
Rear main has a slow leak but thats to be expected.
Diff has not even a slight weap of oil anywhere.
The sports bars are off and have been advertised. Dont mind if they dont sell but if someone wants ill sell em.
Roof lining is booked into be fixed and have got a guy coming round to roll rear wheel arches.
My wheels are getting painted within a fortnight and new rubber all round.
Should be a very different looking car very shortly.

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
20160604_090259_zpsplrvy81c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
20160325_234718_zpsx17spmfg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Night i got the car. Above pic is just a mock up of the 19s.
Ill be painting spokes black and polishing out the edge.
When it stops raining ill take one when its cleaned up real nice. Turns a few heads for an old girl