Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS ute series II... the work bus

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
Found a vaccum hose not connected last night while adjusting throttle cable. Runs from back of plenum into two t peices.
One of which runs into elbow peice coming off the bottom of charger.
Have re connected it and results are the vac/boost gauge is showing alot more movement. Goes from 20/21 vaccum on idle to about 5/6 psi on WOT. Heater controls also working heaps better.
I am thinking there is another leak somewhere as it feels and shows on gauge a "slow" spot while revving under load with charger "on".
No slow spot if revving in neutral.
Thinking it might also be belt slippage due to the tensioner.
Hopefully get a tensioner today see if that sorts it.
Will also check every clamp and fitting that runs to charger.

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
20160827_162534_zpsgrg8pohy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
Sorry for the long lay off lads. Flat out with work and celebrating my 30th. Thinking white walls... what u guys think?

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
20160827_162526_zpsgr97klro.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Another side on pic... rims have raised the old girl abit. Not looking like a monster truck but its definatly abit higher off the deck.
Makes the brake discs look tiny and also the wheel hubs look pretty rough now that you can see them.
Its moved the brake upgrade up on my list of things to do.
Some slotted discs and bigger calipers would be cool. Some blue paint on the calipers to match the dash and my steering wheel would be the go. Thoughts?

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Looking really good. Can't picture what white walls are like so don't know. Yea not a fan of the look of little standard brakes behind big wheels. Bigger/better brakes will look better and the ute will stop better, got to like that. Depends what sort of blue, could look good.

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
20160828_092441_zpscxwxxlfj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

images_zpsmtnstgct.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

same sort of blue as the dash i think. im going to change the steering wheel for an all black one. i still think ya need a little colour around on a white car.
by white walls i mean what is done to the wheel in the picture

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
20160828_092441_zpscxwxxlfj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

images_zpsmtnstgct.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

same sort of blue as the dash i think. im going to change the steering wheel for an all black one. i still think ya need a little colour around on a white car.
by white walls i mean what is done to the wheel in the picture

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
Screenshot_20160828-094057_zpsseliqt6f.png
[/URL][/IMG]

These have just come up on gumtree too. wants 300. 295mm hsv equivalent brakes for the front. if i could talk him down a little and if theres still plenty of meat on the discs they would be worth it i reckon

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
there only vt vz calipers with 296 mm cross drilled rotors you will also need to upgrade the m/c to a vt for a harder pedal . dba do make a 296mm rotor to fit a vs hub for the vt brake conversion

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Tyres would look good I think. The blue in the instrument cluster or the steering wheel. I recon blue could look good, certainly different from all the red or yellow calipers you see around. I like the flat anodised look that's on the steering wheel. Yea you'd also need to get an adapter plate to mount the vt m/c to the vs booster