Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS ute series II... the work bus

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Ha ha ha. Those center cap badges as far as I can see only come in one size . I think you could glue the badge part on your center caps if ,it'd depend on how big your center caps are on how'd it would look

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
center caps wont fit. callipers had center cap at 60mm. not going to bother with them. Gonna get the suspension and a few things engine wise for peace of mind.
On another note i met a bloke on site the other day driving a VS Wagon Series 2 that had just clicked over 450 000kms on original engine and trans. Diff got done at 250 000kms. He got it at 150ish and has been a trade vehicle since then. Pretty good for humble commodore thats been used for a work car

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
That's a shame about the caps . Yea if looked after they just keep going . My VR v6 had over 360,000 when I sold it 5 years ago , caught up with the guy that bought it ( we used to work together) earlier this year but didn't ask if he still had it. Knowing him if it's still going he'd still would and the kms would be getting right up there

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
Well 360 000 is to the same distance as it is to the moon. Any car that makes it that far is basicly a space shuttle in my book.

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
Found a silver vs acclaim auto on gumtree. same kit as mine. lowered, sports exhaust and a mild cam. Paint looks good and done 176k. Just popped up. People need it gone. Price dropped to $1500 from $2k. Sent a msg asked how much without the 18's that are far too blingy for my liking. Bloke said $1000 bucks. Gotta have a suss cant help it. Ill be cruising out to have a suss this arvo.
The misses wants to sell her lancer so if its any good she can have it as a daily till she saves up money for a newer car. Then i get to pull all the good stuff out. Win/win maybe...
ill update later
Not getting my hopes up but ya never know. They might need the money badly

Last edited:

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
ad_1474169712404_zpsgeidmrlx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

thats it there

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
So deposit is down. paints better then in pictures. has strut brace, pacemaker headers, full exhaust, new shocks all round, new rear pedders springs. Interior is abit shabby but auto shifts awesome and car went and sounded good.
Bit of damage on front bar and guards. clear coat pealing on roof.
I gave her a bootful and it went really well.
For a thousand bucks with rego till november i am pretty happy.
She needs abit of tlc but it was only a grand.
The suspension and exhaust are worth heaps more the that. Not to mention the kit.
Bargain

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice, clean looking, could be basis of a sedan build to sit beside the ute!! , otherwise just a nice cheap, hopefully reliable good car