Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Ute Stereo Problems

64now95

I have jus installed a pair of brand new sony x-plod 200w 6in splits to run off a new 200w sanyo deck, aswell as a sony 222 amp that runs a clarion v-net 10in sub in a custom box.. The problem is that the splits sound terrible, they cant handle any decent sound level and tend to crackle after mid-range sound levels and cant handle any bass.. all the connections have been checked and still sound quality is poor.. does anyone have any ideas as to why the splits sound poor?

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
the only things i can think of is

1 = you have put the minus wire onto the positive input and positive wire on the minus input

2= fiddle with the sound ,EQ settings on your deck

3 = your speaker wire might not be able to handle high volume

4 = check to see if you hooked the wires correctly at the back of the deck.

other then that i don't know

cheers

scott

64now95

i made a custom box for the sub to fit between the two seats... looks sweet and gives a nice back massage aswell... haha..

Could the speaker wire really be a problem? its the original speaker wire, and i know that the pos/neg connections are right cos i hooked it all up.. i had some crappy jensens 120w that ran off the same deck and they sounded better than the new 200w splits, cant figure out why!!!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
QUOTE (64now95 @ Apr 15 2004, 08:12 AM) i made a custom box for the sub to fit between the two seats... looks sweet and gives a nice back massage aswell... haha..
reckon you can get some pics of this setup posted here?

D

dumpd6

QUOTE (64now95 @ Apr 15 2004, 08:12 AM) Could the speaker wire really be a problem? its the original speaker wire, and i know that the pos/neg connections are right cos i hooked it all up.. i had some crappy jensens 120w that ran off the same deck and they sounded better than the new 200w splits, cant figure out why!!!
i wouldnt think there is any thing wrong with the wire seeing its in a new car an the radio's in them dont sound to bad for stock ones but yea it does affect the way it sounds i just helped a mate fit his stereo in his car the other day and we used the original speaker wire an it sounded all crackly an couldnt handle bass.. we ended up using the wire that came with the speakers an its fine now

64now95

heres a pic of the custom sub box i made.. probably not the most practicle idea but im young and stupid and it looks good, to me neway!!

Yeah im thinkin i might change the speaker wires to all new stuff.. im sick of taken all da surround out to get to da deck tho!!

D

dumpd6

can you explain how it sits in the car. as i dont have a ute but i do roughly know what section you are talking about