Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ute sub box building help

Fizzman

Fizzman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute series III 1999 v6
hey guys i really want to build the 12inch sub box that sits in the tray of a vs ute
unfortunately i have no experience with diy with wood so i was wondering if someone in Melbourne preferably eastern suburbs could build me it and ill pay them for it plus money for the labour

Dimensions are on this link below
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vr-vs-ute-subwoofer-enclosure.1165

thanks in advance

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
i got 1 in my ute its definately a good spot to have it sounds mad

Fizzman

Fizzman
Reaction score
Members Ride
did you build yours yourself?
if so can you build 1 and ill pay you for it :D

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
Hey mate,

i used that design and got my old boy to build it for me( hes a cabinet maker)

we just used good old chipboard haha, works a dream and sounds awsome being right behind you like that. allways get compliments of how good it sounds followed by "wtf, were is the sub" haha

Im running a type s 12' running at 1/3 power bridge of a 4ch alpine amp. sounds very deep. But beware, it shakes the #### outa your tray and sounds like **** from outside the car but no vibrations at all inside the car.

Maybe try going to a few cabnit/wood work shops and showin them the design and see if they would be keen to do a cashy for you

goodluck mate.

slutvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Ute series II
im in the exact same boat man haha. also guys how did you wire it up seing as you mounted it in the tray?

Fizzman

Fizzman
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok awesome if it shakes the hell out of the tray do you think it would be a good idea to dynamat under tray

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
ok awesome if it shakes the hell out of the tray do you think it would be a good idea to dynamat under tray
I have heard of people doing that and wouldn mind doing it one day but i dont hear it in the car so i dosent bother me haha

im in the exact same boat man haha. also guys how did you wire it up seing as you mounted it in the tray?

If you look behind the passenger seat there are to black sqaure looking things, unscrew them and punch them out and you will be left will to holes. just run your wires threw them holes :)