Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ute subwoofer next to fuel tank...sorry to be the 50th person to post this

slutvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Ute series II
hi everyone, like every other vs ute owner im just trying to find somewhere for a sound system to go. i do like the idea of puttin a sub next to the fuel tank in that space but just dont trust it being outside the cabin where it can get wet or damaged etc.

i know theres heaps of posts on this topic, but noone ever talks about how they wire it up and is there a chance of it getting wet? so what im asking is how did you wire it up and did any dodgy holes have to be cut and has it ever gotten wet in that little tray compartment? also anyone who has managed to fit a 10 or 12" sub in their cabin how did you do it?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Absolutely no chance. I had one in my VS for nearly 2 years and had no issues what so ever. No holes need to be cut and the whole process is totally reversible so that no one will ever know it has been in there.

slutvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Ute series II
cheers for the reply mate. im really keen on this now haha seeing as im not restricted to a slimline on down the back of my seat. how did you get your wiring from the sub into the cabin?