Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ute v6 ecotec

macten

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore ute
vsecotec1.jpg
vsecotec2.jpg

upgraded /battery terminals power leads + earths to alternator and fusebox also fully insulated airbox/intake. new water pump + powersteering pump/reservoir with powersteering filter (used a fuel filter inline with reservoir return) leads and plugs
custom paintjob on strut tops plenum and fanshroud/h/balancer and sump, motor +trans transplanted from an 04 vy. pcv valve deleted=no more oil clogging up the plenum/intake. vs plenum/intake fitted(less pollution gear) polished inside of plenum, drilled breathers in rocker covers, punched out cat with new quality sports catback section, painted stock headers and y section back to cat black. more pics to come
*useful tips when you are swapping a ecotec/trans4l60e from a vt-vy into a vs*
swap the wiring loom over so it plugs into the vs body
exhaust manifold needs swapping since its wider in the later chassis
had to cut away a section of the bellhousing on one side to fit the exhaust cos the auto is wider as well
a/c compressor is different and has different fittings, also has different mounting bracket so you will have to swap all that over if you want a/c, also the idler pulleys are different sizes i think.

future mods extractors, plenum/intake spacers, big bore shiny throtttle body, polished maf and a tuned chip

Last edited:

macten

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore ute
yes its something different, cost 1000$ with blown motor and $1000 for the donor vehicle i did all the swap myself