Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ute with different v6 ecotec

vss-304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR wagon v6 auto
Hi my brother has a vs ute with a 3.8l ecotec and he recently purchased some spacers for it and it is in correct the pcv vent back into plenum and the space leaves that section open. I think it might be vy engine as it has a egr but it's not connected. Any help would be appreciated

Cheers chris

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It does sound like it's had an engine transplant at some stage.

VS/VT the PCV port comes straight up and enters the plenum beside the 5th/6th intake runners at the back of the plenum and for VX/VY the PCV port is just in front of the TB entry into the plenum.

vss-304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR wagon v6 auto
So I will have to order a spacer for a vy and try and send my one back??

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Contact MACE directly through their website and I'm sure they will be happy to help.

MACE ENGINEERING GROUP -

Cheers

MACE

Reaction score
Hi vss-304,

Thank you for your enquiry:

"Hi my brother has a vs ute with a 3.8l ecotec and he recently purchased some spacers for it and it is in correct the pcv vent back into plenum and the space leaves that section open. I think it might be vy engine as it has a egr but it's not connected. Any help would be appreciated"
Given you have a factory VY V6, you should have purchased either one of the following items:

25mm manifold insulator
COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD INSULATOR 25MM FOR HOLDEN VX - VY ECOTEC - Mace Engineering Group

12mm manifold insulator
COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD INSULATOR 12MM FOR HOLDEN VX - VY ECOTEC - Mace Engineering Group

12 plenum spacer
ECOTEC PERFORMANCE 12MM PLENUM SPACER Holden 3.8L V6 VS VT VX VU VY - Mace Engineering Group

Please clarify what part numbers you originally purchased so we can further assist you.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Damo