Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Ute wont get fuel to injectors

Breezy03

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute 3.8
Hey all. Got this Vs Ute that I’ve spent all day and night trying to fix but it’s just no havin it. I replaced the fuel pump cause he old one was shot. I replaced the whole intake manifold and injectors and rail cleaned out the lines as best I could and fuel won’t get to be injectors to fire. Aswell as when we were cranking the Ute all of a sudden it’s stopped wouldn’t crank anymore have sorted that out by bypassing the starter but with the key is still won’t crank and I don’t think the thurmo fans run either when turning the key the oil. Engine and park break lights stay on any help would be great. Thanks in advance

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Split the manifold, place jars under each injector and crank. This will tell you if you have fuel.

Honestly sounds like something else is going on to be having this much trouble.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Start at the tank, disconnect the fuel line and test the pump, if you have fuel there than check at the fuel line in the engine bay etc.

I'd make up a test lead with a switch, hook it onto the battery and place into the relay base so you can power the fuel pump without needing to turn on the ignition or continuously crank the engine.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Start basic, can you hear pump prime when you turn the key to 'on' (not ignition)?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Aftermarket alarm?
Fault codes?
Fuel pressure?
Noid light?
Immoboliser/theft light staying on?
Battery fully charged?