Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 Auto rebuild

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
i havent ever actually had one rebuild personally, but from people i know who have, those prices seem pretty spot on.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You have to be careful with what the reconditioners call a "rebuilt auto". Sometimes this can just mean replacing whatever is busted in the box or it can be comprehensive and include replacing all wearing parts whether or not they show signs of wear. Brand new 4L60E boxes cost $????.
My experience with auto repairers over the past 20 years has not been good - a cowboy outfit in Mt Isa whose favourite trick when you took your car in for an auto service was to return it to you with the valve body screws loosened off. After about a month or so they would be so loose the valve body would be spewing oil and the gear changes very mushy. You'd go back to him and he'd then say the auto was stuffed and that'll be $1800 to fix it. He did dozens like that until one of his mechanics under the turps at Boydies let the secret out.
It also pays to get a written quote and list of just what is being replaced.
My 2 pesos worth.