Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 auto ute not starting

gpc2583

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Hey guys,

My VS V6 auto ute has decided not to start today. It is cranking over when I turn the key but it's just not firing. I thought it might have been a dead battery in the key but I have tried the spare key as well but still no luck. Gave the fuel pump/tank a few good whacks to see if that would get it started but still nothing. I checked the error codes and got a 12, 31 & 92. Not entirely sure what these mean. The engine isn't warm as it has been sitting outside all night. Is there anything else that I could try to get it to start?

Cheers,

yoshi87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
31 = theft deterant signal missing, (silver bit by the ignition barrel)

92 = Low Speed Radiator fan response signal

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
See if you can get a jump start - sometimes they need a fully charged battery for some reason or other. The 2 codes mean nothing really. Check if you can hear the fuel pump prime for about 2 secs after you turn ignition on.........you will only hear this the first time you turn ignition on after it's been off for 1/2 hour or so. If no noise from pump then check FP fuse etc. You can also check for fuel pressure by loosening off hose to fuel filter - should spray out (ignition OFF).
Also check if you have spark by pulling ONE lead off a coil and watch for spark on coil while someone cranks.
Good Luck.