Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs v6 berlina spring and suspension advice please!

dale0908

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
long time reader first time poster lads, I'm on my p's in SA and own a 96 vs berlina. long story short everything is pretty much stock so I was thinking you guys would have some knowledge on what to do and how to and your best advice on lowering it. Its still got the original 16s on it with brand new tyres. the reason I wanna lower it with kings is that the stock suspension makes it look pretty high, especially with 16s on it. in particular I wanna dump the rear because it sits up higher than the front which I'm sure you are aware of so long story short I'm looking for any advice, how to's, sizes of springs and anything I need to know when lowering the rear of a stock vs berlina. cheers in advance !

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Some light reading for you :)
http://www.sa.gov.au/topics/driving...rds-and-modifications/suspension-modification
http://www.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/15261/Passenger-Car-Track-list-2.15.pdf
If you want a flat stance and stay legal then Id suggest lows front and SL (super low) rear..
KYB shortened shocks with king springs if on a budget, if live axle adjustable panhard rod if IRS get a camber kit fitted on the rear

Also check all your seat belts retract properly and are not damaged in anyway..if not rare spares have them,you can also try autobarn as they use to stock them and were cheaper the RS

H

harrop.senator

If paying retail go Dobinson or Lovell I only use king on trade as so cheap lol. They sag quicker and rates are softer then the other two.

Kyb are good try get the hd ones or Monroe gts are apparently valved to king springs in particular. I use the eBay Brand Australis a bit and ultimas not bad but same price as kyb these days without the made in Japan stamp.

I run kh47sl fronts from memory and khdr 24sssl Ute springs in the rear so they were a bit softer. I don't run an adjustable Panhard rod cause I'm tight but she's on the limit hahaha.

dale0908

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
cheers for that boys appreciate it

dale0908

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Some light reading for you :)
http://www.sa.gov.au/topics/driving...rds-and-modifications/suspension-modification
http://www.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/15261/Passenger-Car-Track-list-2.15.pdf
If you want a flat stance and stay legal then Id suggest lows front and SL (super low) rear..
KYB shortened shocks with king springs if on a budget, if live axle adjustable panhard rod if IRS get a camber kit fitted on the rear

Also check all your seat belts retract properly and are not damaged in anyway..if not rare spares have them,you can also try autobarn as they use to stock them and were cheaper the RS
wozza what is the relation between suspension and seatbelts? or was that just a common question? because funny you say so my drivers side seatbelt doesn't retract as it should.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
If your on P,s and driving a commie around certain suburbs they (the boys and girls in dark blue :) ) will pick up on you... if lowered more so.They will get around to testing the seat belts ;) Just a heads up

dale0908

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I figured so, thanks again for your help!