Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 Calais ERROR CODES 24 and 72

matheymer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS CALAIS SC 6
Hi Guys i have a bit of a tricky one that i need a hand with and im hoping someone else might be able to shed some light on it.

I have a vs calais with a bit of work done to it but most relevant to my issue is that i have just had my gearbox rebuilt (full rebuild with shift kit and 2800 high stall better bearings ect) but even my gearbox mechanic is scratching his head at this one.

What happen is that if the gearbox shifts while the car has not got traction ie the wheels are spinning the engine light comes on and error codes 24 and 72, and when i turn the key off then on again its all good. both codes showing to do with the vehicle speed sensor which the mechanic has changed but it hasnt made a difference.

Now while this doesnt effect day to day driving i would like to enter the vehicle in the burnout comps etc in the future and obviously because it hits limp mode when it shifts im going to struggle to make any real smoke... has anyone heard of this before?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It sounds like the ECU thinks the trans is slipping when its actually the wheels spinning.Or the trans is stuffed.The error codes are both to do with the speed sensor.One is no speed sensor signal and the other is intermittent speed sensor signal.Also check the wiring and connectors under the car that go to the transmission.

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
means u gotta NEUTRAL TO DRIVE DUMP IT!

matheymer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS CALAIS SC 6
Na i dont think i need to nuetral dump it somehow though thanks for the imput mate! to be honest that would wreck the box.

in regards to the other the box shift fine under all conditions, it even shifts tight when it does the below however because it hits limp mode i lose all power.

And i have checked all the connections and changed the spped sensor again today but still no luck = (

not sure what else i can try?

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Try plug in a different computer, with a different memcal. The speed sensor's in the VS boxes are the magnetic 2 wire one. They go through the ecu and then up to the dash, as aposed to the VN boxes which go straight to the dash. There may be a problem there.... Just bang in a different ecu, even if it runs shitty it will at least lead you in the write direction. also check the speed sensor plug hasn't been knocked off or partly off... you never know

Ben

matheymer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS CALAIS SC 6
That sounds like the go, but just another question is the v6 sc computer different to normal ones? and can i use a normal v6 computer in there just to check it out?

matheymer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS CALAIS SC 6
yeah thats what i figured, as always tryin to find the easy (cheaper) way out - ill check the wreckers and give it a go. thanks mate.