Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs v6 constant high idle issue

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
manual says :)
unplug the connector and check the ohms across pins A and B then C and D each check should indicate 40 to 80 ohms if not replace
or use a scan tool/aldl cable

there should be slack in the cable at the TB not much 1 to 2mm

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
To reset the IAC, pull the engine fuse for a few minutes then reinstall, turn key to on and leave it for a few seconds, it will step all the way out and back in, then your done, this just sets the travel range of the pin.

If you want to check its working, pull it out, hold it together to stop it flying apart and get someone to turn the key to on, just hold it tight and it'l suck itself back in. Then repeat again with it back in the car so it can step in and out again.

The TPS requires no calibration, it will reset back to 0% at every key on, unless the voltage is to high.

If it was converted to T5 id be checking the memcal tune and ECU, most are not done properly causing the idle issues.

rossdogg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1 95
I pulled the TB off the other night gave it a clean and put it back together and now it rev's even higher.. I dunno what to do? I'll give resetting the IAC a go and let you know how I go!
To reset the IAC, pull the engine fuse for a few minutes then reinstall, turn key to on and leave it for a few seconds, it will step all the way out and back in, then your done, this just sets the travel range of the pin.

If you want to check its working, pull it out, hold it together to stop it flying apart and get someone to turn the key to on, just hold it tight and it'l suck itself back in. Then repeat again with it back in the car so it can step in and out again.

The TPS requires no calibration, it will reset back to 0% at every key on, unless the voltage is to high.

If it was converted to T5 id be checking the memcal tune and ECU, most are not done properly causing the idle issues.

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Have you checked correct operation of the tps?

Folker147

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8lt VS Manual Ute
I had similar issues to this, even after replacing TPS & IAC... The positive terminal on my battery was a bit loose, so tightening that up helped stop the revs fluctuations but the revs where still higher than nornal.
Turns out I had an air leak, there's a hose that connects under the butterfly on the throttle body. Mine had come out. Plugged it back in she's all good again.