Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS v6 cranking not starting.

Jackdaniel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp exec
So i brought a molested vs ute that i will eventually use for burnout comps if i can get it going :)

Bit of back ground- the people before me have basically striped the inside dash every thing gone only thing left is wiring pretty well. They also had a vn v8 wiring loom connected with plugs cut and shut etc.

I have - put a vs V6 wiring loom back in with all sensors and plugs good. put new DFI in as there was no spark on 1 & 4 coil (there is now spark on all).

What is happening - it has a fuel pump connected straight to the fuel rail (so not using the one in the tank) there is fuel coming out of the return line. motor will crank over but wont fire but will fire if petrol is squirted into throttle body but then stalls and thermos kick in car is still cold because hasn't run. i have waited up to 5 mins but thermos stay on until turning ignition off and on. at the moment there is no dash cluster hooked up.

I'm leaning towards changing the CAS as that may stop the injectors from opening up???

Any help greatly appreciated, Cheers Guys.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Is the BCM connected and are you using the matching key fob to start it?

Jackdaniel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp exec
Yeah mate BCM is connected. I’m using the key it came with not sure if it matches but security light stops flashing when ignition is switched on.