Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 duel fuel problem

joshsvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0LT
hi all
I have a VS V6 on duel fuel with a carbi type sprint gas setup.
I have purchased a pod filter for it and this is where the problem is.
When i went to install the pod i noticed a small hose going to the bottom-back left of the airbox and a sensor sticking through into the airbox .
I am wondernig what this is:confused: , and if I removing the top of the airbox so that the pod fits, will it affect the LPG system?
Any info would be greatly appreciated as i dont want to hurt my car.
I will attach a pic if i get a chance.
josh

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
i cant see why it would affect anything. cant recall anything on the back left of the air box, on the right there should be an air temp sensor though. might have something to do with the duel fuel.
just a question though, how are you planning on mounting the pod with the bottom half of the airbox still there?

joshsvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0LT
not sure yet. ill prob just take the whole airbox out. i think the sensor may be an induction hose for the LPG vaporiser but not sure.
btw where can i get a mounting bracket for the pod so that it connects to the standard airbox mounts? i rang supercheap and autobarn and they both said they dont sell one. Or has anyone made their own?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
hmm, weird...i bought one from autobarn. pretty straight forward though, an exhaust shop might knock one up for ya? basically you need a small piece of 3" pipe with a hole drilled in the middle to the side (for the temp sensor to mount into) and a flat piece of metal coming off the pipe with a bent end and hole in it to bolt to the old airbox mount.

joshsvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0LT
thanks. that sounds easy enough to make. ill see what i can whip up on the weekend. thanks for all your help sircruisealotVS.
josh

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
anytime mate:thumbsup: