Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 Electrical Issue

jbonez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Hi

I just put a new engine & gearbox into my vs v6 and I am having some problems I hope someone can help me with.

Basically the engine light is staying on constantly under 2000rpm. Any gear changes around here are a bit clunky but tight, they smooth out if I get the revs up.

The engine light turns off any sort of consistant throttle over 2000rpm for even a second or two.

I am thinking its electrical but I can't pinpoint it.. so far no fault codes that I can see.

One other question is the little valve drivers side rear of the engine, has one hose going to the throttle body, one hose going to the charcol canister, but I cant figure out where the hose on its own goes.

Thanks

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
There must be something electrical that is not plugged in as the engine light MUST leave a fault code once it comes on. (have you removed the paper clip from the plug?) Check the connections to the ECU also TPS and VSS....also vacuum hoses to TB. Re hose - possibly it's the one that goes to the fuel pressure regulator. I wouldn't do too much driving till you locate the problem as harsh changes etc will kill the auto.
Good Luck.

jbonez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Gday

Cheers for the help.. turns out I didn't put the little plastic clip that actuated the tps, it goes between the throttle body and the tps my bad I guess hopefully helps someone else as it was pretty easy to forget.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
It's usually something very simple. Glad to help and great that all is OK.