Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 extractors with Getrag box

aasr

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS S PACK UTE 97
hey guys i am looking at getting extractors for me ute but ive herd its a bit harder to get extractors that fit to the manual boxs due to the different boxs put in the vs commodores eg T5 and the Getrag. i have a Getrag box in my ute and was wanting to know if any one has knows of any extractors that will fit my ute. also what sort of difference will i see with the extractors over the standard manifolds.

Cheers Aaron

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I would have thought that extractors would fit easier on a V6 with a manual then a V6 with auto because the gearbox is smaller? I have pacemaker extractors and i'm sure that they would fit if I had a manual gearbox. A place that fits exhaust systems should know if there is a difference.

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
The problem we have discovered is on the T5 the clutch cable mounting point on the box gets in the way of the extractors. A little grinding of the box fixes this.

But with the getrag and the same extractors it fitted fine, this is a L67 for referance.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I do two different sets for the VS for Getrag and T5, they are Hurricanes. I can supply them for $410 shipped.

You will get better acceleration, better top end, and better highway economy.

Dave93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 S-pack M5
yea i put pacemaker 5039's in my series 3 getrag V6, they were an absolute pain to put in, well the drivers side was anyway haha. but they do make a noticeable difference.
you need to watch out that your engine mounts aren't worn out too much either otherwise the extractors will be hard up on the steering rack on the drivers side and hard up on the chassis on the pass side. i had this problem too but a new set of mounts fixed it =)