Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs v6 fuel issue

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
its been a while since i have been on here,
i got given a vs v6 auto for free becuase the guy who owned it couldnt get it running.
heres what happened, it was sitting in his driveway and just stalled. started briefly again and stalled and now will not start

its been well looked after and all 100% stock

i put in a new fuel pump and no good, there is no fuel getting to the injectors, and the pressure at the outlet of the pump isn't very good.
Fuel filter is currently bypassed to eliminate any problems with that.
Also had a thought it could be the factory immobiliser so i left the key on reds for 45 minutes and still wouldnt start.
still turns over fine but just not getting fuel

anyone have any ideas. ill squash it soon becuase ive ran out of ideas and patience

yoshi87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
wen u first put the car on reds do u heaar anything being primed?

yoshi87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
take the fuel line off from the pump end where it ges into the motor and place a coke bottle so it catches the fuel coming out, if there is good pressure then there might be a blockage in the rail itself

yoshi87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
try disconnecting the line where it goes into fuel filter, see wat pressure comes out there, if hardly any pressure then it could possibly be the fuel pump is faulty, or the sender unit could possibly be partially blocked

RUN415

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
==================
Yeah...do what Yoshi says.
As he says...if there is low pressure before the filter it means the problem is the sender or inside the tank.
eg. Fuel pump weak or some kinda blockage.

It's difficult to diagnose fuel problems when you're by yourself...and only have that 2 sec prime to test.
I reckon there's a good chance she'll start if you bridge out the Fuel Pump relay in the engine bay.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs-holden-commodore-1993-1997/217019-vs-fuel-pump-how-bridge-relay.html

==================

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Could also be a faulty oil pressure switch, with would cut power to the pump when starting. Could also be the CAS

Any error codes logged?