Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs v6 gauge placement and types

shanen1vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 1997 series 2 v6
hey just wanted to know about gauges ive seen a few commodores driving around the streets with gauges on there bonnet and i like them so i was thinking of doing it i was goin to do oil pressure volts and i cant think of a third one that i havent got already it wont be boost becaue no forced induction and what brand is better speco or auto meter and is it legal if ot were would be a good spot to mount the three gauges in the car

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
volts is pointless if u ask me. autometer is better than speco. oil pressure, trans temp, oil temp, water temp, ummmm not sure wat else there is. but in my opinion volts isnt that good

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
volts is pointless if u ask me. autometer is better than speco. oil pressure, trans temp, oil temp, water temp, ummmm not sure wat else there is. but in my opinion volts isnt that good

Volts would be a better gauge to have then oil temp and even trans temp (assuming to already have a trans cooler) on a stockish VS V6. At least you can pick up a charging fault before it leaves you stranded with not enough battery to crank the car...

Oil pressure is a very good gauge to have as the oil pressure light on the dash only comes on when there is virtually no oil pressure (damage is most likely already done by that stage). I had a water temp in my car, but have now reverted back to just using the stock gauge.

Don't put them on the outside of the car, you just look like a hero....especially in a n/a V6....

This is where I had mine, although I've now reverted back to a stock radio surround/console and am trying to find a new spot for 2 gauges that doesn't look ricerish haha

60519d1236039292-custom-gauge-setup-k1024_image054.jpg

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
ok you have to remember that most ppl do work during the day, so sometimes its takes more than a couple of hours for a member to respond.

that gauge pod looks custom, there is a thread or 2, kicking round with a heap of pics with gauges located around the cabin and outside it. do a search on gauge locations or something along those lines, should bring it up.

location all depends on how you want it to look, oem as possible or bolted to the side of the centre console next to the drivers left leg. possiblities are endless, i've seen 2 gagues in a custom pod to the left of the gear stick where the ashtray resides, obviously the ashtray is removed.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
so where did u get that panel from mate ned your help

Yep as ephect said I made it myself (and only just recently sold it). I have thought about making more of them to sell, but for the time they take to make they wouldn't be cheap...