Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 hard to start now hard to start and misfiring until warm

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
Hey guys
my VS (unlic and gets little use) V6 started to need lots of cranking before it would fire and now it still needs lots of cranking but runs very rough. I disconnected injectors while running and number 4 and 5 when disconnected didn't make engine chug so for some reason I thought I'd pull injectors and clean them as i knew the car had laid for a long time before I got it and figured they'd need a clean anyways. I put it back together and it was still the same. I let it warm up and it runs perfectly and restarts easily once up to temp. I figure it's not ignition as generally ignition is not intermittent or in my experience, is an issue when warm. I've read the purge solenoid is a good place to start. any takers? thanks very much

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I would say fuel gone bad, drain the tank and add a new fuel filter and run it on a tank of 95 or 98 octan as it has more cleaning agent . New plugs wouldn't hurt.

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
I would say fuel gone bad, drain the tank and add a new fuel filter and run it on a tank of 95 or 98 octan as it has more cleaning agent . New plugs wouldn't hurt.

I went there today with all my spares ready to swap out... and hit the key and it was absolutely perfect. My guess is fuel too mate

kezvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 commodors wagon
replace the o2sensors i just had the same thing car starts easy now