Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs v6 ignition problem

Cv6wgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs executive wagon
Hey guys I was just wondering if yous could help me figure out whats wrong with my ignition. Lately when ive gone to start my car I turn the key to on and nothing at all happens, doesnt even try to turn over. But other times I go over to it or play around with the ignition a bit it turns over and starts straight away. I checked the neutral safety switch, the ignition barrel and the ignition switch. I thought it was the ignition switch replaced that still made no difference :/ and the rest seems fine. Any help from you guys would be appreciated.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Hey guys I was just wondering if yous could help me figure out whats wrong with my ignition. Lately when ive gone to start my car I turn the key to on and nothing at all happens, doesnt even try to turn over. But other times I go over to it or play around with the ignition a bit it turns over and starts straight away. I checked the neutral safety switch, the ignition barrel and the ignition switch. I thought it was the ignition switch replaced that still made no difference :/ and the rest seems fine. Any help from you guys would be appreciated.

check to make sure the contact on the reader touches the key contact all the time the ignition is on & starting.

Cv6wgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs executive wagon
Yea man i've checked that and that seems fine, the only thing is that my key is starting to look like its seen better days.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
get a new key(and keyhead and see how you go)
Yea man i've checked that and that seems fine, the only thing is that my key is starting to look like its seen better days.