Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs v6 manual conversion problems [electrical?] HELP

pcrabbit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Statesman + T5
hi i've just converted my 96 vs v6 statesman to a t5 manual, the only thing i couldn't get hold of was the engine harness, ive managed to get the car to run but it stalls when i come to a stop, no speedo [works with the auto computer but not the manual one] no reverse lights plus the dash engine warning light is on! i cant get hold of a manual harness for a reasonable price [$350 plus] but ive heard that my auto harness can be modified ?? does anyone know if this is possible and who can do it ! or should i keep looking for a manual one? i live near richmond nsw any help would be greatly appreciated cheers

Last edited:

Jakeee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual vs s pack
hey mate i recently done my 95 vs. i had all the same problems so you arent alone.
i ran my manual computer and just reved it up while down gearing and that solved my stalling.
i called up an auto elec and he charged me 90 bux to convert my auto loom to manual. and then my speedo worked it stopped stalling and engine light turned off.

pcrabbit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Statesman + T5
thanks Jakeee
ive been quoted around 300 - 500 dollars to do the same thing, any chance of getting some details about this auto elect, is he in sydney? i'm willing to travel if i have to
cheers mate

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman....L67 VS Berlina
when i did my VR there was a guy on ebay selling a converted auto computer + wiring you basically just plug and play...i think it was like $150...

i,ll see if i can get his username..

pcrabbit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Statesman + T5
great thanks GunnaBeSumthingVP, i sent an email to TRX100 and he suggested that i should get this instead [cause ive already got a manual ecu],

VS ECOTEC T5 SPEED SENSOR WIRING & REVERSE LIGHT WIRING Item number:270656581578, $57.00 + delivery

seems to good be to true, ive never bought anything off ebay and was wondering what you people think of it ? or am i being an idiot and go for it ? he does have a lot of positive feed back but i cant contact him by phone only email
thanks for everyone else's comments and input cheers

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
mate i bought a converted auto ECU + Wiring off him and works a treat it was seriously plug and play
i had to unplug my old computer plug this in cut 1 wire and join 1 and run 2 wires from my gearbox..
He gives you a full book on wiring with good diagrams..and all wires are labled its easy as...

pcrabbit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Statesman + T5
thanks again GunnaBeSumthingVP
i spoke to TRX100 today on the phone, like you said it sounds easy as. just gotta set up a paypal account and i'll order one, when i get it i'll let you know how i go ok
cheers mate

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha just ask him for his bank details..i think i still have them sooo much easier then paypal and quicker
Quicker = Stato on the road quicker haha