Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] vs,v6,manual. easy cheap engin modifications

popenfresh32

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vs s pac series III uterus
hi all.
i gots a 99vs,v6,manual,uterus. wat r some quick easy and fairly cheep modifications to make it go bettter, sound better and still leagal for a p plater.
i was thinkin like exaust, brakes, airbox, throtlebody, fuel lines, swaybars etc
im tryin to do a bit of track work in it. so ill need bigger sway bars eventually.
so any sugestions guys on my propisal

cheers

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I dunno where you are from but theres a good chance you wont be allowed any hp increasing mods on your p's.

If you are allowed to though, exhaust, extractors, cai, diff gears and a tune are a good place to start.
If you are looking at doing some track work, you will want the best suspension set up you can afford, and either the VT brake upgrade with good dics, pads & lines or something like a PBR upgrade kit

popenfresh32

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vs s pac series III uterus
i from nsw. and something like a v8 throta body and like playin with the inside of my stock airbox. and ive also heard somethign bout a spacer in my throtle body or something. not quite sure

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
imo, i wouldny even bother wth the "throttlebody spacer" its there for a reason, if you want intake mprovement go the SS CAI, and the only reason ppl buy the larger or twin throttlebody is becuase they have apower output that needs the extra air flow because the single / v6 throttle body is restricting it. As said above were the basic modifications. You wont get any performance increase without paying for it. Thats it.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
i from nsw. and something like a v8 throta body and like playin with the inside of my stock airbox. and ive also heard somethign bout a spacer in my throtle body or something. not quite sure

According to everything I've heard (haven't tried it myself) the stock throttle body should be fine. If you are that worried about it you can give it a clean to get the years worth of crap off it.
As for the airbox, what were you thinking of doing? A holden cai and decent panel filter will flow more than enough for most situations

MACE

Reaction score
Whats your budget? As there are a few bolt ons that can be done with the mighty V6 :thumbsup:

In addition to the items that you've mentioned you can always install a set of manifold and plenum spacer, or even a set of higher ratio rockers, some of which can be found in the link below.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/v6-peformance-parts.96810/

In regards to suspension components, such as sway bars, your best bet would be whiteline.

Whiteline Automotive - performance handling and suspension products. car spring coil shock damper swaybar sway bar anti-sway bush bushes australia australian whiteline automotive performance road holding turn-in camber caster toe in vehicle hot 4 v8

shaungower

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 manule ute
is a 304 throttle body bigger than a vs v6 one i have heard you can change them