Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs v6 manual flywheel bolts

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
In the Gregorys manual its got first stage= 18 - 22 NM.Then for the second stage another 47-53 degrees,(just past an eighth of a turn),or for series 2 manual an extra 80-90 degrees,(a quarter of a turn)

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
If I recall the above specs is for the 8 bolt setup. The 6 bolt setup uses larger bolts and are done up much tighter. The 8 bolt setup you have to be careful because the bolts do stretch and snap fairly easily. The 6 bolt on the other hand Im pretty sure you can use a rattle gun though I would still use a torque wrench lol

EDIT: Im a retard. This isnt the VN/P section :p. Also missed the title... dont ask.

vscom88

Andrew-
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
ah alright thanks.. yes i have an 8 bolt setup and they're pretty small .. and for things like head bolts, flywheel bolts and major components like that i always like to do them up to manufactures specifications if you know what i mean ..

but cheers anyways guys

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
^^^ I've gotten snapped off lock-tighted flywheel bolts out before.
You don't have to use 'extreme' loctite, just use blue (medium) or similar

vscom88

Andrew-
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
flywheel bolts have a certain torque setting for them. like i said id never use loctight on flywheel bolts. and why the hell would u use new bolts everytime? unless a bolt is screwd its fine. plus i put the flywheel back on to the according NM so yeaa..

this thread may as well be closed
thanks for your help fellas :)